You may synchronize changing your smoke detector batteries and air filter with the changing of the clocks.
- After changing the batteries, hit the “test button” to make sure the alarm is functioning properly.
- If it isn’t working properly, go to the nearest hardware store and replace it
- Clean the unit if necessary
- Check your filter on a monthly basis when it’s in frequent use
- If it’s not plugged, replace the filter once a month
- Replace the filter every 3 months when it’s in frequent use
- Replace the filter whenever it looks dirty, damp or moldy